Ekta Kapoor Height Weight Bra Size Age Biography Family Wiki Net Worth, Affairs, Marriage & much more. Ekta Kapoor is an Indian television producer, film producer and director, and the joint managing director and creative head of ‘Balaji Telefilms Limited’, which was founded in 1994. In 2001, Balaji Motion Pictures was launched as a subsidiary company of Balaji Telefilms Limited which is a film production and distribution company. She launched ALT Balaji in April 2017.
Ekta Kapoor is the daughter of actors Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor is also a Bollywood actor. She went to school at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim and attended college at Mithibai College.
She had a son named Ravie Kapoor on 27 January 2019 via surrogacy.
Ekta Kapoor started her career aged 15 as a, interning with ad and feature filmmaker Kailash Surendranath, until after obtaining financing from her father, she decided to become a producer. She ventured into Bollywood movie production in 2001 beginning with Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Kucch To Hai and Krishna Cottage based on supernatural themes followed in 2003 and 2004. Kyaa Kool Hai Hum starred her brother Tusshar Kapoor. She then went on to co-produce Shootout at Lokhandwala with Sanjay Gupta. Mission Istanbul and EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Padhega in collaboration with Sunil Shetty followed.
In 2010 to 2014 she released a number of films including Love Sex aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, and Shor in the City. She says at one point she had lost confidence in herself after her films flopped one after another, and so was initially not sure about producing Half Girlfriend.
In 2012, Ekta Kapoor started Institute of Creative Excellence, a media training school through her production house Balaji Telefilms.
Kapoor has also created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under her banner Balaji Telefilms Limited. Some of her most popular and top shows are Hum Paanch, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kaahin Kissii Roz, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kahiin To Hoga, Kasamh Se, Pavitra Rishta, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Jodha Akbar. Naagin, Kumkum Bhagya, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki, Kundali Bhagya and several others that were credited with starting a new wave on Indian television, leading to her being known as the “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of Indian Television”.
Read More: Tusshar Kapoor
Kapoor has also launched 40 web TV series online through her digital app ALTBalaji app. They got their casts from core industry professional Anshuman Pratap Singh aka Dhaivat Records & Productions, the plotted scene came to life when Ekta’s vision met Anshuman’s & his team execution.
She has also launched her fashion series with EK Label. In recent times she has been named Content Czarina.
Ekta Kapoor Height Weight Age Bra Size Biography Family
|Full Name||Ekta Ravi Kapoor|
|Profession||TV and Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm|
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 58 kg|
in pounds– 128 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-28-35|
|Debut||Film: Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001)|
TV: Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
|Awards||• Indo-American Society Award for the Most Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur (2010)|
• Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Iconic Film and Television Producer (2012)
• IMPACT’s 50 Award for the Most Influential Women in Media, Marketing and Advertising (2016)
• Indian Television Academy Award for the Sterling Icon of Entertainment (2017)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Most Inspiring Icon of the Year (2018)
• Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow Award for Icon of Excellence (2018)
• Business Today Award for Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business (2019)
• Hindustan Times Business Award for Business Icon of Continent (2019)
• ET Business Award for Content Creator of the Year (2019)
• HT Most Stylish Film Maker of the Year (2019)
|Date of Birth||7 June 1975|
|Age (as in 2021)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Controversies||• In 2007, Smriti Irani made an exit from Ekta’s serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” after a clash with Ekta. However, she was later brought back to the serial in 2008 due to fall in the ratings of the show.|
• Actor Pulkit Samrat who made an exit from the serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” had some payment issues with Ekta. He filled a case against Balaji Telefilms for not clearing his pending payments and also not allowing him to work on some other projects.
• A protest was carried out by the Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha against the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” as they thought that false facts were being presented by Ekta in her serial.
• Kapoor is often criticised for her dressing style as she flaunts clothes which are either uncomfortable or not appreciated by the people.
• Ekta is also criticised for the nudity clause in her contract. she has added the clause to prevent actors backing out from doing any intimate scene or provocative dialogue in the script.
• She also had a feud with Rajeev Khandelwal. Khandelwal who came into the limelight with Ekta’s serial “Kahiin Toh Hoga” openly said that he does not need Ekta to become big. The fight worsened when Rajeev made a negative remark on Ekta’s TV programming. However, they patched up after some time.
• After the rumours of the film Drishyam’s resemblance to the Japanese Novel ‘The Devotion of Suspect X, Kapoor sent a legal notice to the makers of Drishyam claiming the ownership of its copyrights. This gave rise to many controversies.
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son– Ravie (via surrogacy, born in 2019)|
|Parents||Father– Jeetendra (Actor)|
Mother– Shobha Kapoor (Producer)
|Siblings||Brother– Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)|
|Favourite Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar|
|Favourite Director||Wong Kar-Wai|
|Favourite Books||The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Favourite TV Serial||Shameless (USA)|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Car Collection||• BMW|
|Assets/Properties||• A luxury flat in Mumbai worth Rs. 7 crore|
• Balaji Telefilms office in Andheri West, Mumbai
• Personal investment Rs. 43 crores
|Salary/Income (approx.)||Rs. 5.5 crore|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 85 crore|
Awards and honours
Kapoor also works on script writing, creative conversion and concept building. Having been chosen as one of 50 of ‘Asia’s Most Powerful Communicators’ by Asia Week magazine in 2001, she has helped launch the careers of many actors and actresses.
She was chosen to lead the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) entertainment committee. The other awards she received are; The Society Achiever Award and The Best Entrepreneur of the Year 2001.
Kapoor is regarded as one of the most powerful ladies in the television industry and is amongst the top 25 women entrepreneurs of India.
Kapoor has also received awards as the producer of Balaji Telefilms. These include the Indian Television Academy Awards, Indian Telly Awards, Kalakar Awards, Asian Television Awards, Apsara Awards, Zee Rishtay Awards, 3rd Boroplus Awards, New Talent Awards, BIG Star Entertainment Awards, 4th Boroplus Awards, GR8! Women Awards, Asia’s Social Empowerment Awards, Lions Gold Awards, Stardust Awards, Screen Awards, Pune International Film Festival, Zee Gaurav Puraskar, National Media Network Film and TV Awards, the Global Indian Film and TV Honors, and ETC Bollywood Business Awards.