Mayanti Langer is an Indian journalist with STAR and generally works for Star Sports network. She has hosted many tournaments like Football Cafe on Zee Sports, 2010 FIFA World Cup broadcast on ESPN, 2010 Commonwealth Games, 2011 Cricket World Cup, 2014 Indian Super League, 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup and 2018 Indian Premier League. Mayanti is currently considered as one of leading prominent female sports journalists in India.
Mayanti Langer was born in a Hindu family on February 8, 1985, in Delhi, India to Major Sanjiv Langer and Mrs. Preminda Langer. She spent most of her childhood in the United States, where she was raised in a strict atmosphere as her father was a Major in the Indian Army while her mother is a school teacher. Her father Major Sanjiv Langer has worked with the United Nation (UN). Mayanti Langer attended Hindu College, University of Delhi and successfully completed her B.A (Hons). Since childhood, she loved to play football and played it at the school level and also trained at the Super Soccer Academy, Delhi. Afterward, she aspired to be a Graphic Designer but after an experiment as a sports anchor at the “FIFA Beach Football”, Mayanti decided to be an anchor.
Her interest in football grew when she was in USA. She was in her college football team and became a guest anchor for a broadcast of FIFA beach football.
With the success of the broadcast, she was offered a spot as host and associate producer for Football Cafe on Zee Sports. Langer then went on to work for various football shows on the Zee network providing commentary and interviews during pre-match, half-time and post-match shows. She was also the anchor on Zee Sports for the Nehru Cup football tournament held in New Delhi at the Ambedkar Stadium. She worked as an anchor for Zee Sports’ coverage of the Indian Cricket League.
She was a host in the 2010 FIFA World Cup broadcast in India, on ESPN which includes a pre-match, half-match and post-match analysis. She headed a team of expert panelists alongside John Dykes for that show. Mayanti Langer also hosted 2010 Commonwealth Games held at Delhi along with Charu Sharma and 2011 Cricket World Cup held in India. She also hosted India vs South Africa Cricket test series in 2013 December in Ten Sports. She also hosted a sports news show Star Power on Star Sports One. She also hosted the Champions League Cricket tournament and Indian Super League Football tournament TV broadcasts in 2014. She was also an anchor for Cricket World Cup 2015 for Star Sports.
Langer married cricketer Stuart Binny in 2012.
Mayanti Langer Height, Weight Age Bra Size Biography Family
|Full Name||Mayanti Langer Binny|
|Profession||Actress, Sports Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||5′ 6″ (168 cm)|
|Weight||65 Kg (143 lbs)|
|Figure Measurements||36-26-38Bra Size – 36 Inches|
Waist Size – 26 Inches
Hip Size – 38 Inches
Body Shape – Hourglass
Dress Size- 6 (US)
Shoe Size- 8.5 (US)
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||8 February 1985|
|Age (2019)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|College||Hindu College, University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. (Hons.)|
|Debut||TV: FIFA beach football (2010, as an Anchor)|
|Family||Father- Sanjiv Langer (Indian Army Personnel)|
Mother- Preminda Langer (Teacher)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching football & cricket|
|Controversy||On 27 August 2016, during a T20I match between India and West Indies at Florida, USA, West Indies’ Evin Lewis smashed 32-runs in an over bowled by Stuart Binny, after which India eventually lost the match to West Indies. Then what, the tweeteraties trolled not only Stuart but also his wife Mayanti for his performance.|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Guru|
Holywood- The Departed
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Boyfriend||Stuart Binny (Cricketer)|
|Husband||Stuart Binny (m. 2012-present)|
|Net Worth||Rs 6 crore|
Mayanti Langer Interesting Facts
- Mayanti has spent the majority of her childhood in the U.S. where she was raised in a disciplined atmosphere; as her father was a Lt. General in the Indian Army, while her mother is a renowned teacher.
- She first met Stuart Binny at the sports event in early 2012, and after dating for around 6 months, the couple tied the knot.
- She aspired to be a Graphic designer, but once a sports channel asked her to be their ‘guest anchor’ at their show ‘FIFA Beach Football,’ after which she was bitten by the anchoring bug.
- She is 4 months older than her husband
- Since her childhood, she had an inclination towards football, played it at the school level, and even received the training from the Super Soccer Academy, Delhi.
- Does Mayanti Langer smoke?: No
- Her father Sanjiv Langer has worked with the UN (United Nations).
- Does Mayanti Langer drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She entered the world of cricket anchoring in the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup for ESPN Star Sports.
- She started her professional anchoring career with the show ‘Football Cafe’ on Zee Sports. Mayanti Langer – Football Cafe
- She co-hosted the 2010 Commonwealth Games with Charu Sharma.